Skip to main content

Hershey's Kisses Peanut Butter Blossoms

This is an easy enough recipe to find, especially around the holidays, but today is the first time I've ever made them. I'm sharing the recipe on here so it will be easy for me to locate the next time I set out to make them. This recipe makes a LOT of cookies: 48!
Ingredients:
  • 48 Hershey's Kisses
  • 1/2 cup shortening
  • 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 1/3 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 2 tablespoons milk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • Granulated sugar

Directions:
  1. Heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
  2. Remove wrappers from chocolates.
  3. Beat shortening and peanut butter in large bowl until well blended.
  4. Add 1/3 cup sugar and brown sugar; beat until fluffy.
  5. Add egg, milk and vanilla; beat well.
  6. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into peanut butter mixture.
  7. Shape dough into 1-inch balls and roll in granulated sugar.
  8. Place on ungreased cookie sheet, baking 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
  9. Immediately press a chocolate into center of each cookie; cookie will crack around edges.
  10. Remove from cookie sheet to wire wrack and cool completely.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy New Year! - Consuming Nothing But Food

I just watched a segment on the Today Show  about going on a money diet. They suggested writing down everything you spend money on for a week. Well, on the first day of 2011, I didn't even walk outside of my house. I didn't log onto eBay and buy any old lunchboxes paying tribute to TV shows from the 1970s. I managed consume nothing but food I already had in my pantry - no ordering out. I was a great money dieter. Two days before, I bought my very first e-book, Eat, Pray, Love . I had asked for this book for Christmas; however, when I didn't receive it, I bought it for myself with some money I got for Christmas. I don't own an iPad, but I have access to one from work, so I decided to see how I would like reading an entire book on an electronic tablet. I'm about 130 pages into the story, and so far so good. The best part about reading on a tablet is the ability to read in low light. No need to sit right next to a lamp. I'll put on my fortune teller hat right now
Monkey See Monkey Bakes Quiche My husband Jeff and I are on vacation this week. We've been eating out almost every evening; however, we watched Throwdown! with Bobby Flay on the Food Network this afternoon. Bobby and a restaurant owner were competing over "manly quiches," and we decided to stay home and have quiche ourselves tonight. Now, I'm not even going to touch that whole Real Men Don't Eat Quiche thing. That's so 1980's, and I'm not going to claim that the quiche I whipped up was "manly" in any way. Here's my gender neutral quiche recipe that my my man gobbled up eagerly: Spicy Sausage Quiche 1 refrigerated pie crust (or whip one up yourself if you've got the gumption) 1/2 lb. hot sausage, such as Jimmy Dean Premium Pork Hot Sausage 8 oz. grated Swiss cheese 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour 4 eggs 1 1/2 cups half and half 1/4 cup chopped onion 1 teaspoon seasoned salt, such as Lawry's 1. Heat oven to 350 F.